Tuesday 11 January 2011

Lykke Li // I Follow Rivers

Our second taste of her forthcoming new album ‘Wounded Rhymes’, shows a more powerful and experienced sound from 2008’s ‘Youth Novels’, which in it’s self was ground breaking.


Ever since I heard ‘I’m Good, I’m Gone’ in 2009 – I’ve been in love with Lykke’s powerful hoarse distorted voice, and with her new record ‘I Follow Rivers’ she continues her Swedish swagger. Like her old stuff it just sounds like it’s got more money thrown at it. Tribal beats and electric rhythm is something we’ve come to expect from the talented songstress, little less promiscuous than ‘get some’ mind - “I’m your prostitute, you gon’ get some”, shows a not so shy Lykke Li. The anticipation is rather high for ‘Wounded Rhymes’, which will be available in March.



No comments:

Post a Comment