Friday 3 September 2010

So I've just discovered how good The XX are...


The more I listen to The XX's debut album - the more I’m sucked in to its deep slick sound and the more I understand what all the fuss has been about.

For a debut album this is something British music has needed, from the subtle 'Intro' that displays how minimalistic you can be to create something beautiful yet eary. This continues throughout, with such tracks as 'Crystalised' is soothing yet dark - something you could just chill to. Romy Madley Croft and Oliver Sim vocals are like they are talking to you effortlessly over a moody blend of agile keyboards and smooth riffs that are infectiously absorbing to listen to.

With such a strong direction of sound it’s hard to see where they will go from here, however this album is something they will always be known for and will stand the test of time. I really NEED see how they perform live to feel the true beauty of it. A definite strong candidate for the Mercury prize this year – however I’m for the Mumford…I’m so mainstream it hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment